Transmission Line Design Engineer/Designer
62 Lake Mirror Road Forest Park, GA 30297
A Transmission Line Designer or Engineer with 5 years experience designing transmission lines using PLS CADD. Design the projects for construction, support the design of transmission lines in Georgia and provide post design assistance.
5 years transmission line design preferred, 3 years minimum
- Preparation of project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation.
- Design of electrical transmission facilities including line layout, foundations, structure configuration, structures, insulation and conductor specification.
- Delivery of accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practice with excellent constructability.
- Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to transmission line design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Purchasing, Drafting, Project Management, etc.
- Maintaining good working relationships with material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects
Pay: Negotiable, DOE
Long term contract with great benefits!