W223 N797 Saratoga Drive Waukesha, WI 53186
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, manuals, references, or instructions.
- H.S. Diploma/GED or higher. An education in a technical field is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience with operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and repair of industrial machinery and/or automotive equipment, or prior experience in technical content development in XML, FrameMaker, InDesign, or other desktop publishing platforms.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documentation and specifications.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulic systems, engines, or drive trains.
Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Author technical content for a variety of clients using minimalist writing style.
- Author operation, repair, troubleshooting or test procedures as required.
- Use a variety of content development tools such as FrameMaker, InDesign, or proprietary software.
- Determine good graphical representation to support text and work with illustrators to develop technical illustrations.
- Work with client representatives as required.
- Comply with each client’ s specifications and style guides.
- Operate, disassemble, and assemble equipment in the facility as required.
Pay Range: $20-$23/hr., $23-$25/hr. with previous direct experience.