Structural Engineering job
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Structural Engineer job in Alpharetta, GA
Currently our client is looking to add a junior structural engineer to their team. The focus of the role will be to help with the engineering design, structural analysis, and production of drawings for wireless telecommunication towers and structures. These can include towers, rooftops, tanks and other similar structures. The goal will be to ensure the structural integrity of all projects. Candidates will design structures for the telecommunication field and perform structural analysis on their projects. They will also need to be comfortable working with AutoCAD and helping with drawings.
To be successful in this role candidates should have working knowledge of the AISC 360, ASCE 7, and IBC. The TIA-222 would also be helpful but not required. Additionally, this role requires the candidate to already have their E.I.T.
- BS Degree
- Structural Analysis Software Experience (Risa, STAAD Pro or other similar software)
- AutoCAD Experience
- Knowledge of the AISC 360, ASCE 7, and IBC
- Previous Wireless Telecom experience (strongly preferred)
- TIA-222 knowledge
Customer culture/inside information:
- They are a telecom firm located in Roswell. Their projects focus on design and building of Cell towers.
- Culture: Very laid back work environment. This sometimes makes it hard to find the right candidate. They need someone that can work hard but also be easy going. Attitude and personality has been one of their biggest stumbling blocks when hiring.
- Highly prefer someone with structural engineering experience in the telecom field but may consider someone without it.
- Ideally looking for a candidate with 2-5 years of experience that is on the career path to becoming a PE. Thus, the EIT is needed. Really wants to find someone who has taken the time to get their EIT already and has proven they are serious about their career path to a PE
If you are interested or would like more information on this position please click the apply button or contact me directly at: