1875 Old Alabama Rd Roswell, GA 30076
We have an immediate need for a Structural Engineer preferably with 8 years' experience in telecom tower design and a Professional Engineering license. Candidates should have a strong background in RISA 3-D, STAAD Pro, or similar software, steel design/analysis, and have the ability to manage a team and competing customer needs.
Job responsibilities will include reviewing the work of junior engineers and subcontractors, managing production, analysis and modification of steel non-building structures and concrete foundations in an industry that emphasizes quality and speed. Some drafting will be required.
Essential job functions:
- Define, execute, and lead small to large size projects, assign work to other engineers to complete projects
- Review the work of design engineers/analysts
- Develop tools (excel, VBA, etc.) to increase accuracy and speed of production
- Review analyses to reduce stress levels and eliminate/reduce the need for structural modifications
- Interpret, implement, and respond to customer and permitting requirements and comments
- Document and file management
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer, specializing in structures
- 8 Plus years of Structural Engineering experience primarily focusing on Telecom Towers.
- Risa 3D, STAAD Pro or similar FEA software, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of IBC, AISC, ACI 318, TIA-222, OSHA and other standards
- Professional Engineering license preferred
- Risa 3-D, TIA-222, AISC 360