Structural Design Engineer
Waukesha, WI 53186
Our client is currently seeking a Structural Design Engineer. In this role, you will be working for a reputable engineering firm.
- Responsible for engineering services for structural steel work platforms/structures and preparing quotation documents for the Sales Department.
- There is direct involvement with the Sales Department to compile information used to prepare quote sheets, quantity take-off of work platforms/structure components and create drawings.
- Design and check work platforms/structures (both) framing and columns
- Prepare quantity take-off of work platforms/structure components
- Prepare quote sheet
- Compile all information and return to salesperson
- Create CAD drawings of column layout on work platforms/structures
- Converse with salesperson about work platform/structures design
- Collaborates with peers, as well as other company leadership and team members to share and implement best practices, and to raise the overall standards of the business
- Utilize and understand 3D structural design software such as RISA, Tekla Structural Designer, and others
- Design framing layouts for approval drawings creation
- Prepare calculations for Professional Engineering seal
- Bachelor' s Degree in Structural Engineering or related field
- 0-2+ years of related working experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- 3D design software experience (i.e. RISA, Tekla, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- $26-32/hr (depending on experience)
This is a temp to perm position that our client is looking to fill immediately. For more information, please email a copy of your resume to Beka Finkel at firstname.lastname@example.org