405 Commerce St. Waukesha, WI 53186
A Steel Detailer/Drafter responsible for the design of new or special products and make modifications or improvements on a standard line of products.
- Two-year Trade or Technical School and three years' job related experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as basic algebraic equations and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Previous experience using Tekla.
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Utilize computer aided drafting techniques to perform applicable drafting. Work from specifications as to product requirements.
- Make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance material selection and type of construction.
- Investigate work pertinent to the design and maintain reference criterion.
- Assist Engineer to analyze project as to manufacturing and material costs.
- Develop designs that can be produced economically to maintain or improve company' s competitive position.
- Assist with analyzing results and redesign if required.
- Detail Structures with economical use of materials and ease of fabrication and installation.
- Prepare job for shop by providing cutting, punching and purchasing instructions.
- Calculate weights of job.
- Prepare installation instructions.
- Input BOM information into computer.
- Modify machine design to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Measure machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
Pay Rate Range: $20/hr. - $26/hr. DOE