Sr. Quality Inspector
6675 Shiloh Road East Alpharetta, GA 30005
A Sr. Quality Inspector responsible for performing quality inspections on component, material and electro-mechanical assemblies at different stages of production to determine compliance to specified requirements and standards.
- Associate degree or higher preferred.
- 4+ years of QC/Inspection leadership experience.
- Experience with AS9100 or ISO 9001, Lean and continuous improvement projects preferred.
- IPC-A-610 Certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of ESD and FOD Control.
- Mastery level of inspection and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to proficiently use all manual QC inspection equipment.
- Advanced Engineering Drawing reading skills. Ability to interpret GD&T.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and be adaptable to different personalities.
- Ability to perform basic FAI’ s with set up and manual inspection tools.
- Knowledge of statistics and process control techniques.
- Skilled in using PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Considerable knowledge of ESD control, workmanship standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Skilled in use of basic mechanical measurement tools.
- Resolves most quality-related questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Ensure compliance with internal/external quality standards.
- Records statistical data and compares to existing standards.
- Clearly communicate and document non-conformances.
- Performs housekeeping and 5S to keep the department clean, safe, and well organized.
- Understands and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Must be able and willing to float between areas within the QA department when dictated by business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Quality Director.
- Perform Quality inspection on component, material and electro-mechanical assemblies at different stages of production to determine compliance to specified requirements and standards.
- Prepare finished components and assemblies for release to customers.
- Review and understand QA documentation including Work Instructions, Policies and Procedures.
- Verify Corrective Action and Engineering Change implementation.
- Verify implementation of rework activities on electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Assist with internal audits and participates in externally driven audits.
- Generate QA Documentation and/or verify traceability information.
- Manage database for customer returns and initiate RMA inspections.
- Review and report on throughput for Quality operations on Manufacturing floor.
- Prioritize QA activities to match Production Schedule.
- Interface with coworkers, internal customers and other departments.
- Occasional contact with customers, outside source inspectors, auditors and suppliers.
Pay Range: $22/hr. - $25/hr.