Sr. Mechanical CAD Designer (Oil/Gas)
7905 Westside Parkway Suite 100 Alpharetta, GA 30009
Selectek is currently seeking a Mechanical CAD Designer that will primarily work to create piping drawings with minimal supervision. This Mechanical CAD Designer will be a senior role that should have at least ten years of related experience.
The Mechanical CAD Designer will use CAD software to create, revise, and issue mechanical piping and equipment layout drawings that comply with company and client CAD standards. The Mechanical CAD Designer will provide support to engineers by preparing general piping layouts, detail section views, isometrics, sketches and P&ID diagrams. The Mechanical CAD Designer will develop drawing details and bills of materials to include all views and dimensions necessary for construction of facilities.
6+ Month Contract
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and revise project drawings in AutoCAD/AutoCAD P&ID/Inventor/Plant 3D for review by lead engineers.
- Accountable for electronic version control, standards, and delivery of project drawings.
- Take field measurements and create field sketches for use in creating “ as-built” drawings.
- With aid from lead engineers, create P&IDs based on written project plans.
- Develop piping and mechanical equipment layouts based on P&IDs, field sketches and vendor specifications and drawings.
- Create bills of material for piping and equipment layout drawings.
- Attend and participate in peer drawing design reviews (QA/QC).
- Update drawings to field “ As-Built” conditions from redlines and engineering change notices.
- Proactively coordinate design issues with clients, vendors, and other disciplines.
- 10 Plus years of relevant piping experience drafting and design in the oil and gas industry or related field dealing with piping, valves, meters, and pumps.
- AutoCAD Proficient
- 3D proficient Inventor or Plant 3D preferred
- Ability to communicate written and verbally
- Familiar with industry codes and standards including ASME B31.4, NFPA 30 and API RP 500
Please send an updated Word version of your resume to Aaron Tibbetts at atibbetts " at" selectek.com