3271 East Van Norman Ave. Cudahy, WI 53110
A Sr. Buyer to review & prepare terms and conditions for products/subcontracts/purchases and negotiates and administers contracts/subcontracts/vendor PO’ s, as necessary, for cost savings, as well as negotiated prices. The subcontractor buyer is responsible for monitoring contract, subcontract, and vendor performance to ensure timely and profitable performance of company and customer contractual obligations.
- Minimum of three (3) years each of experience in outsourcing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and understand documents such as contracts, subcontracts, PO’ s, requests for proposals, and drawings.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively in a team environment & across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to customer or subcontractor inquiries in written & verbal manner, as well as able to communicate clearly & persuasively with customer, subcontractors, and co-workers.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced independent environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Sourcing, proposal description, PO’ s, oversight, and reporting of all vendors.
- Purchase components, bearings, motors, hydraulics, electrical.
- Reviews contract & subcontract terms, recommend changes, identifies risks for organization.
- Provides cost/price analyses, written justifications and documentation as needed.
- Confer with manufacturing vendors to determine product specifications and evaluates manufactured goods are according to terms and quality standards.
- Travel to vendors to check quality of outsource and answer questions to avoid errors.
- Review, correct inconsistencies, and follow up on drawings for outsourcing for manufacturing.
- Arrange transportation for purchased items & subcontracts.
- Review descriptions listed in Sales Orders and compare known components against on hand inventory levels, to determine if an item needs to be ordered.
- Review Sales Orders with Engineering to identify unknown part numbers or components required to manufacture upper level products.
- Review production requirements and quote these items out to Lippmann’ s supply base to assure an on-time delivery to support manufacturing schedule, assure a quality level that meets the drawing requirements, and a competitive cost.
- Place purchase orders to support the current sales and manufacturing production plan and notify Sales and Manufacturing if the current plan cannot be supported.
- Expedite purchase orders to support changed in manufacturing schedules.
Pay Range: $33.65/hr. - $38.46/hr. ($70k/yr. - $80k/yr.)