1220 Old Alpharetta Road #340 Alpharetta, GA 30005
Immediate direct hire need for a Software Engineer that develops, enhances and delivers advanced software technology from project start to manufacturing, with continued support after the manufacturing begins. Provides advanced technical support to software projects, and participates in establishing/meeting project schedules and specifications.
-Performs moderately complex to complex technical analysis, design, coding, testing, development, debugging and modification of software systems. Defines both functional and technical requirements to facilitate design, development, testing and implementation.
-Interacts with a variety of internal teams to define system or application requirements. Prepares technical documentation and provides written, concise proposals and recommendations.
- Defines and documents hardware/software interfaces, and establishes configuration management for software platforms.
- Writes comprehensive test plans for software qualification testing, performs software release qualification and documentation
- Investigates and analyzes software related industry/product standards, specifications and research literature to develop new and enhance existing technologies. Performs competitive product evaluations and determines if the research and design is valid and practical to develop innovative product/software designs.
- Identifies and implements improvements for software design and test processes
- Participates in a variety of complex software engineering projects to develop and execute software designs for new and existing projects. Partners closely with internal teams to meet deliverables, troubleshoot and solve issues/concerns and ensure successful results. Establishes and meets project schedule objectives and product specifications.
-Performs other duties as assigned.
-Bachelor’ s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
-5 Plus years of embedded software design
-Advanced level knowledge of and skills in software system architecture design; embedded systems programming fundamentals and techniques; embedded real-time operating systems; a variety of microprocessors and micro-controllers; user-interface design, graphics processing, DSP programming; software and hardware development tools;
-Advanced level knowledge of and experience in C/C++ and other programming languages as required by the location and business unit supported. Strong systems coding experience.
-Experience with inter-process communication, multi-tasking and multi-threading.
- Establishment and use of a source code control system.