Senior Transportation Engineer
260 Peachtree Street NW #900 Atlanta, GA 30303
We have an immediate opening with our client for a senior Transportation Engineer The position requires technical education in civil engineering that will aid in implementing highway design elements including preparation of preliminary, right of way and final plans, specifications, and estimates.
The primary role of the Engineer is performing engineering design, analysis and calculations and preparing plans and specifications. The position will support the engineering team as a contributing member with various engineering and project duties, including, but not limited to: perform calculations; create design concepts and engineering drawings; provide design and engineering analysis; develop plans; develop and check specifications; create and review cost analysis and bidding documents; draft schedules; create and review field documents; make site reviews and other engineering related activities.
- Collaborate with the project team to perform project analysis on technical aspects of the design.
- Perform engineering design and specifications, compute average complexity design calculations, and prepare engineering plans using design software and drawing tools (CAD/CADD).
- Prepare and present routine technical reports.
- Read and interpret engineering plans, maps, survey field notes, aerial photographs and drawings.
- Perform design research to develop recommendations for approaches, concepts, materials or equipment selection.
- Review and comply with production work-plans, production schedules and production budgets.
- Work with project managers to establish staffing plans, work schedules, contract budgets and scopes of work.
- Comply with and participate in all company safety and quality programs
- Responsible for technical elements of highway engineering projects.
- Coordination with client, subconsultants, other disciplines and the public.
- Prepare comprehensive engineering reports.
- Geometric design, drainage and grading, signing and marking, maintenance of traffic, erosion control/MS4 and construction cost estimating.
- Additional related assignments as required.
-Civil Engineering Degree from ABET accredited program
-10 plus years of experience in highway design
-GA PE or ability to obtain GA PE quickly.
-Microstation & InRoads CAD Experience
-GDOT Experience Highly Preferred