3271 East Van Norman Ave. Cudahy, WI 53110
A Safety Coordinator to plan, implement, and monitor company compliance with OSHA, safety and environmental standards. Conduct on-site inspections and review operations, maintaining all required records. Schedule and conduct training programs to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for employees.
- HS Diploma or higher.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a safety engineering role in heavy industry.
- Sound knowledge of safety and health regulations and applications.
- Possess an understanding of with governmental compliance including OSHA regulations, environment compliance, industry standards and right to know compliance.
- Experience identifying risk conditions and defining corrective actions programs.
- Experience working with or around overhead cranes.
- Someone with an enforcement type personality.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in safety engineering science or related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Provide safety guidance to employee’ s daily. Walk through and review employee’ s machines and ergonomics.
- Ensure OSHA standards are being maintained with regard to safety, record keeping on machines, equipment, forklifts, Haz-Waste, etc. Check all written inspections and follow up if they are not being completed.
- Maintain safety supplies/related materials. (Eye Wash, Respirator masks, PPE)
- Ensure prompt reporting, investigation on any accident, injury or near miss.
- Responsible for all phases of training (initial, annual and refresher) as required for employees in safety, policies and procedures. Physically go through orientation with the employee.
- Keep safety programs updated by reviewing once a month and implemented with proper documentation.
- Responsible for annual vehicle inspections. Compliance with DOT on company vehicles.
- Follow up and compliance with DNR for all required employees.
- Conduct monthly Safety and ERT Meetings. Provide meeting agenda with every meeting invite. Review safety metrics.
- Conduct monthly safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance and proper documentation.
- Monitor Maintenance PM’ s, Safety/OSHA documentation. Run reports to assure PM’ s are being completed and documented.
- Ensure all PPE, safety equipment/machinery is accessible and in proper working condition.
- Keep GHS sheets current and updated.
- Work with insurance companies, contractors and vendors as needed.
- Work with shop employees to ensure they have proper equipment to do their job. Answer questions on PPE, compliance, and ergonomics.
- Work with leadership in shop to evaluate employee safety performance. This included PPE, safe lifting and driving on all shifts. Take part of team leader meetings every 2 weeks.
- New hires safety paperwork. Be hands on during the training process.
- Document employee safety performance issues that arise in the shop/assist with the disciplinary process.
- Must be hands on and willing to do physical labor.
- Must participate in crane lifts and physical crane training.
- Must work a portion of 2nd or 3rd shifts every month to monitor safety of employees.
- Required to physically correct safety hazards on the shop floor.
- Other duties as assigned.