Quality Incoming Inspector
6675 Shiloh Road East Alpharetta, GA 30005
A Quality Incoming Inspector responsible for maintaining quality standards by screening/inspecting incoming materials, in-process production components, and finished products; recording quality results. 2-5 years’ experience with incoming inspection processes. Competent in the use of measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, etc. Proficient in reviewing, understanding and interpreting mechanical drawings.
- 2-5 years’ experience with incoming inspection processes.
- Competent in the use of measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, etc.
- Proficient in reviewing, understanding and interpreting mechanical drawings.
- Considerable knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Understanding of Machining, Metal forming and finishing processes.
- Considerable knowledge of workmanship standards.
- Experience in generating First Article Inspection Reports (AS9102 Familiarity a plus).
- Considerable knowledge of ESD control.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment a plus.
- Quality systems knowledge would be useful.
- Interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills and communication.
- Skilled in using PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Experience in the manufacturing-aerospace industry (will look at candidates with experience in other mfg areas)
- Maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Mechanical Drawings, Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement examinations; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Perform component First Article Inspections to support the component qualification process.
- Assists on Top-Level Assembly First Article Inspection data collection and reporting.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Document information on all incoming materials in various databases and other internal programs; records assembly non-conformities and generate noncompliance reports (NRs).
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on inspection equipment.
- Input and perform trending of key inspection process metrics when applicable.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
Pay Rate Range: $18/hr. - $20/hr.