Project Manager - Construction
1000 Parkwood Circle, Suite 820 Atlanta, GA 30339
We have an immediate need in Atlanta, GA for a Senior Project Manager. This role will be in a Construction environment and will plan, direct and coordinate activities of assigned projects to ensure that goals and objectives are met on time and within budget.
PLEASE NOTE, we will also consider someone with 5 years' experience as an Assistant Project Manager as well.
- Project Management experience
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience
- Experience with Manufacturing OR Industrial Plants
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, MS Project and ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Proficiency in Budget Development
- Proficiency in Schedule Development
- Ability to pass Homeland Security background check
- Bachelor' s Degree
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Create conceptual scope narratives from client information.
• Create and manage on overall milestone (critical path) schedule which includes all facets of the project development.
• Manage the project(s) budgeting process which includes detailed estimate reviews, value engineering, project forecasting and scheduling.
• Develop the procurement strategy and identify long lead time items specific to each project.
• Work collaboratively with multiple members of the Pre-construction team which may include Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, and Estimators.
• Develop effective relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
• Manage multiple small to medium size project teams, as required.
• Review means and methods for the construction process and trade activities.
• Lead, supervise and mentor Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents.
• Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Effectively manage the document control process and insure constant communication with the client and both internal and external Design Team members.
• Manage all financial aspects of the project including, profit projections, monthly PL report;
• Manage subcontractor contracts, assure compliance with terms and conditions
• Ability to complete the project close-out process including commissioning, as-built documentation, testing, inspections and Operations/Maintenance Manuals (all hand-over documentation).
• Effectively manage and coordinate subcontractors and vendors in a fair and productive manner.
• Perform other related duties as needed.
• Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
• Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
• Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve constructability problems.
• Coordinate project activities with government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
Supervise site employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.