Project Design Engineer
405 Commerce St. Waukesha, WI 53186
A Project Design Engineer to be responsible for engineering services for structural steel work platforms/structures and preparing quotation documents for the Sales Department.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Structural Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in Steel, preferred
- 0-2+ years related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in 3D Structural Design Software such as RISA, Tekla, etc.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Design and check work platforms/structures (both) framing and columns.
- Prepare quantity take-off of work platforms/structure components.
- Prepare quote sheet.
- Compile all information and return to salesperson.
- Create CAD drawings of column layout on work platforms/structures.
- Converse with salesperson about work platform/structures design.
- Utilize and understand CAD software.
- Collaborates with peers, as well as other company leadership and team members to share and implement best practices, and to raise the overall standards of the business.
- Utilize and understand 3D structural design software such as RISA, Tekla Structural Designer, and others.
- Design framing layouts for approval drawings creation.
- Prepare calculations for Professional Engineering seal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate Range: $26.44/hr. - $31.25/hr.