305 Church St. SW Huntsville, AL 35801
A Project Architect to plan and design projects of varying building types, perform pre-design services, estimates, coordinate with engineering and construction professionals, manage and coordinate internal project meetings, consult with clients and represent clients in obtaining bids or awarding construction contracts.
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree.
- Five years’ experience in architecture.
- Professional licensure preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in using Revit Architecture (preferred), Sketchup, Photoshop Microsoft Word and Excel are desirable, however the ability to learn software quickly is necessary.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Plan and design projects of many varying building types.
- Perform pre-design services, such as feasibility studies or master planning.
- Prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, estimated costs or construction time.
- Coordinate the work of the engineering team throughout the design and construction phases of a project.
- Direct activities of staff engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
- Meet with clients to review or discuss architectural drawings.
- Manage internal coordination meetings and reviews with various agencies for code compliance.
- Utilize computer aided design preparing construction documents and building modeling for diverse projects.
- Monitor the work of consultants such as electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers to ensure optimal form or function of designs or final structures.
- Consult with client to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Represent clients in obtaining bids or awarding construction contracts.
- Conduct periodic on-site observations of construction work to monitor compliance with plans.