Process Quality Engineer
Springville, WI 53948
We are working with a client to find a Process Quality Engineer to develop and initiate quality plans for new products, update and refine plans for existing products, and collect and analyze quality data for continuous improvement.
Contract to Direct
Pay: $21-36/hr ($45k - $75k)
Springville / Mauston, WI Area
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 to 3 years of related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and ASME Codes.
- Demonstrated skills in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with managers, vendors, customers, and other employees of the company.
- Skills in mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Develop quality plans from engineering drawings and determines process, gage and fixture requirements.
- Collect and analyze quality data for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Develop and initiate quality plans for new product as well as update and refine existing documentation; including process design, documentation, and training.
- Train employees in the use of all gauging.
- Collect and analyze quality data, identify problem areas, and assist in resolving manufacturing processes or methods that affect quality.
- Perform process capability studies; study results and implement changes to improve quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Perform process audits, product testing, and first-pass yield measurements.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to address and resolve quality problems and to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods.
- Track cost of poor productivity and implement improvements to reduce cost and increase effectiveness.
- Track cost of poor quality including scrap, rework, and warranty cost. Implement improvements/solutions to reduce cost.
- Analyze returned goods for identification of root cause and warranty responsibility; recommend and implement corrective actions to reduce warranty claims and increase customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customer on warranty related issues.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to facilitate new product introduction.
- Develop and maintain supplier rating systems, conduct supplier performance reviews and supplier audits to identify areas of needed improvement.
For immediate consideration please send an updated Word version of your resume to Aaron Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selectek is a member of the American Staffing Association, which promotes legal, ethical, and professional practices for the staffing industry. All employees at Selectek are certified by the American Staffing Association through the Certified Staffing Professional® and Technical Services Certified? programs. ASA certification programs help our employees:
- Protect the rights of our candidates and employees
- Avoid missteps that could result in costly legal proceedings
- Add value to our business relationships by demonstrating commitment to our clients
- Make clients aware of their co-employment obligations and responsibilities
- Expand our knowledge of the industry and elevate our professionalism
- Gain professional recognition for demonstrating knowledge of federal and state labor and employment law