New Product Development Engineer
15950 East Cherokee Drive Ball Ground, GA 30107
A New Product Development Engineer to help develop products in a way that systematically takes the product from idea to launch, so that commercially viable products result. This position will be a key player on the entrepreneurial team in a company that manufactures sustainable structural products and services to the marine and civil engineering markets.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks expertise.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufactured goods industry, preferably in the polymer extrusion field especially (someone from the PVC fenestration, fencing, decking, siding or pipe industry).
- Hands-on: knows how to run equipment and fabricate things.
- Some product development experience.
- Project Management experience.
- MS Office suite of applications -- Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, etc.
- Digital fabrication -- 3D Printing, CNC Routing, laser or waterjet cutting, etc.
- Welding, plumbing, electrical and carpentry are a plus.
- Adobe Creative Suite -- Photoshop, Premier, etc.
- Research markets, materials, processes and intellectual property.
- Analyze commercial and technical feasibilities.
- Design prototypes, models, mock-ups and simulations.
- Run or manage trials and experiments.
- Sample materials and evaluate equipment.
- Define quality and performance specifications.
- Statistically test products and processes.
- Train and handover to operations, marketing and sales organizations.
- Plan, track and report progress to stakeholders.
- Maintain documents and records.
- Participate in patenting process.