Mechanical Project Engineer
Marietta, GA 30066
I have a client located in the Marietta, GA area that has an immediate need for a Mechanical Project Engineer.
Our client is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer to act as a Project Engineer working on industrial projects. This role will give the engineer an opportunity to work on Thermodynamics, Fluid Flow, Heat Exchangers, and other similar heat transfer projects. All projects will be focused on these types of designs.
- The Engineer will be responsible for primarily project engineering.
- This role will require the engineer to take the project from the sales team and do the necessary custom engineering work for their end client and follow the project from the start to the finish. The Project Engineer is responsible for all communication and coordination regarding each assigned project with the Engineering Manager.
- The engineer will need to be capable of performing the mechanical design of industrial equipment in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment. Candidates will be asked to perform engineering work at the system level. This will require candidates to conduct job duties such as: putting plants together, ensuring all components are connected whether it' s piping, foundation, ductwork, access ladders & platforms, whatever the equipment may be.
- Experience with ASME and ASME calculations will be an integral part of this role.
- Experience with a furnace, duct work, wet and dry ash handling, fuel feed bins and conveyors, hydraulics (to drive the furnace grate), refractory insulation (in the furnace), sometimes secondary steam systems, etc. would all be ideal.
- Engineers must also complete their own P&ID' s.
- BSME or BSMET degree
- 0-5 Years of Mechanical Engineering experience- may look at someone with 5+ years but we are not looking for 10+ years of experience
- Able to Understand P&ID’ s
- Capable of working with 3D CAD and AutoCAD
- Strong Communication skills both written & verbal
Preferred Experience/Additional information:
- Experience designing thermal fluid heaters, boilers, heat exchangers and other similar equipment
- Inventor Experience
- Fabrication Experience
- Ability to complete P&ID’ s
- Hours & Shift: M-F Flex start time of 7-8: 30am
This role will function as a project engineer taking information from the sales team and working with the end clients to ensure designs meet all the necessary standards. You will work with the Fabrication team through the build process and send off for final shipment.
This is a temp to permanent assignment (on contract for 4 months then will be converted to a permanent employee). For more information, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply, and I will give you a call to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
2015 Vaughn Rd., Suite130
Kennesaw, GA 30144