Mechanical Piping Designer
1441 Maclay Commerce Drive Tallahassee, FL 32312
Out client has an immediate need to bring in multiple mechanical piping designers to assist with their current project load. This is a senior mechanical designer that will begin work at the client’ s Tallahassee facility and then for the final three months work in the field at the end client’ s facility in the Houston area.
- Complete design and drafting of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Design and drafting for the layout and design of mechanical equipment and piping for industrial plants in pulp and paper, chemical, cement, and power industries. Design and drafting will be completed using both 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Prepare project documents in accordance with project and company standards
- Ensure designs are produced in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and procedural requirements and ensure completion within required effort hours and budget
- Identify design change issues and clearly communicate these issues to project management in timely manner.
- Provide technical support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Provide input to capital estimates such as piping material takeoff quantities
- Respond to technical queries
- Act as checker for other designers
- Contribute to site installation and commissioning
- Analyze feedback from fabricators and construction personnel to improve design drawings.
- Provide guidance and advice to less experienced designers
- Establish good working relationships and communication with area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to ensure coordination and compatibility of design
- 10 Plus years’ experience as a mechanical/piping designer for Industrial projects
- Proficient with 3D CAD software
- Past work in the field doing walk downs and producing sketches for the fabrication site.
Pay: $55.00-$65.00 per hour
Term: 6 Months