60 Chastain Center BLVD NW Kennesaw, GA 30144
Our client has an immediate need for a Mechanical Designer to be responsible for the designing and detailing of industrial equipment according to specifications and within the designated timeframes assigned.
Candidates should be proficient with Inventor & AutoCAD to create and modify drawings and assemblies. This position requires all candidates can take direction well and communicate effectively to accomplish tasks.
Essential Responsibilities of the Mechanical Designer
- Coordinates with the Lead Design Engineer on job phases, activities, and schedules with the assignment of each job.
- Works closely with the project managers and engineering department, using Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor 2D files, 3D files and rough sketches to create details and layout drawings per engineer instructions and concepts.
- Create multi-view detailed drawings, models, and assemblies for shop fabrication.
- Work closely with Project Managers and the engineering team to execute the client’ s needs and expectations, in a timely manner and on budget.
- Be a leader in helping other design team members to become proficient in Autodesk Inventor.
- Help create and maintain new CAD standard
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change within the department.
- Coordinates design efforts between disciplines and effectively communicates relevant project information to team leaders.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- 4 plus years of industrial mechanical design experience
- Inventor Proficiency
- AutoCAD Proficiency
Pay: $24.00-$31.00 per hour
Term: 6 Months Temp to Direct