7905 Westside Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30009
Our client has an immediate need for a Mechanical Designer that will primarily work to create piping drawings using Plant 3D. This position will use software to create, revise, and issue mechanical piping and equipment layout drawings that comply with company and client CAD standards. The role will provide support to engineers by preparing general piping layouts, detail section views, isometrics, sketches and P&ID diagrams. Develop drawing details and bills of materials to include all views and dimensions necessary for construction of facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and revise project drawings in Plant 3D/AutoCAD/AutoCAD P&ID/Inventor/ for review by lead engineers.
- Accountable for electronic version control, standards, and delivery of project drawings.
- Take field measurements and create field sketches for use in creating “ as-built” drawings.
- With aid from lead engineers, create P&IDs based on written project plans.
- Develop piping and mechanical equipment layouts based on P&IDs, field sketches and vendor specifications and drawings.
- Create bills of material for piping and equipment layout drawings.
- Attend and participate in peer drawing design reviews (QA/QC).
- Update drawings to field “ As-Built” conditions from redlines and engineering change notices.
- Proactively coordinate design issues with clients, vendors, and other disciplines.
- 3 Plus years of relevant piping experience drafting and design in the oil and gas industry or related field dealing with piping, valves, meters, and pumps.
- AutoCAD Proficient
- Plant 3D Proficient
- Ability to communicate written and verbally
- Familiar with industry codes and standards including ASME B31.4, NFPA 30 and API RP 500
Pay: $27.00-$34.00 per hour
Term: 9 Month Contract