30 Georgia Ave Hampton, GA
Our client has an immediate need to hire a mechanical designer/drafter to complete fabrication drawings. This role will require the CAD operator can produce fabrication drawings from sketches passed along from Engineers and Designers. This role will also prepare bill of materials related to functionality and assembly components of high voltage switch products. Strong mechanical aptitude essential to this role in order to determine the correct parts to utilize to compete the mechanical drawing.
There may be some steel layout involved as well but the focus of the role will be on developing mechanical drawings using AutoCAD or Solidworks. It is essential that candidates be capable of reading assembly drawings. A background with metal fabrication would be beneficial in this role.
- Prepare detail drawings / layouts and sketches of parts and equipment used by Switch Product
- Division for engineering and fabrication purposes.
- Prepare Bills of Material for assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Review and process orders for production. Make electrical, mechanical and structural calculations associated with drawing preparation.
- Initiates changes as assigned by Senior Designer or Application Engineer in existing drawings after
- investigating technical effects of such changes.
- Process orders, drawings usually associated with Engineering Services.
- 3 Plus years of Mechanical Design/Drafting Experience producing fabrication drawings
- Ability to Read Assembly Drawings
- 1 Plus year of Design experience
- Solidworks experience
Term: 6 Months TTD