Mechanical Designer / Mechanical Drafter
7075 West Parkland Court Milwaukee, WI 53223
Selectek is working with a client in the Milwaukee, WI area that is looking to add a Mechanical Designer/ Mechanical Drafter to create 3D models, drawings, and BOM’ s for various retail fixture design projects.
For immediate consideration please send an updated Word Version of your resume to Aaron Tibbetts at email@example.com
Job Order Details:
Under the direction of the Shop Supervisor, the Mechanical Designer/Drafter is responsible for creating 3D models, drawings, and bills of materials per project specifications/requirements while utilizing company standards and construction methods. in.
- Work hand in hand with the engineering team, client management, and production leads/managers.
- Execute modeling, drawings, and cut lists.
- Experienced with SolidWorks modeling software
- Ability to troubleshoot, provide support, direction, and solutions.
- Proficient in aligned customer requirements.
- Design retail fixtures for manufacturability and assembly processes.
- Apply standards consistently throughout work.
- Understand material characteristics, capabilities, limitations, and applications.
- Knowledge of ERP system when executing item creation and BOM’ s and how it affects the organization.
- Understands the importance of material yields and executes material yield calculations on projects.
- Knowledge of programming and understands how to incorporate when designing.
- Executes ECN’ s with an understanding of how requested changes affects the organization and customer. Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Demonstrates impeccable quality in all aspects of engineering.
- Able to articulate both written and verbally.
- Able to create technical presentations internally and for customers.
- Ability to establish timelines and adhere to them.
- Identify and incorporate best practices that will improve productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in an Engineering or Design related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design.
- Proficiency using Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with ERP Systems (Syteline highly preferred).
- Prior experience in Retail Fixture Design.