Mechanical Design Engineer
Springville, WI 53948
We are currently working with a client to find a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to aid in the design of electro-mechanical products and leading cross-functional teams to take projects from initial concept to completion.
Contract to Direct
Pay Range: $28- $43/hr ($60k - $90k)
Springville / Mauston, WI area
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related major.
- A minimum of 6 years of electric motor design experience.
- Previous experience in the development and testing of in-line, right-angle, and planetary gear drives.
- Proficiency in Solidworks and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, and ERP/MRP Business Software.
- Experience with gear design software is highly desirable.
- Skills in reading. Analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals and detailed product drawings.
- Skills in working with work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to calculate torque and force loads on motor and gearbox components.
- Design electro-mechanical products (pm motors, universal motors and gearboxes), meeting engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications, and within cost constraints.
- Work and lead with cross-functional teams to take a design from specification through design, development, test, and delivery.
- Review and develop technical specifications for all company products.
- Verify that designs meet or exceed all requirements and specifications.
- Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports.
- Develop technical solutions to known production, reliability, or performance problem.
- Generate and review design documentation to ensure the delivery of a quality finished product.
- Facilitate design reviews with Design Engineering, Production, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to determine if project goals including cost, manufacturability, time limitation, and resource requirements can be met.
- Work with cross-functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods.
- Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity while reducing costs.
- Work with quality assurance and production to determine root cause analysis and corrective action for product-related issues and warranty returns.
For immediate consideration please send an updated Word version of your resume to Aaron Tibbetts at email@example.com
Selectek is a member of the American Staffing Association, which promotes legal, ethical, and professional practices for the staffing industry. All employees at Selectek are certified by the American Staffing Association through the Certified Staffing Professional® and Technical Services Certified? programs. ASA certification programs help our employees:
- Protect the rights of our candidates and employees
- Avoid missteps that could result in costly legal proceedings
- Add value to our business relationships by demonstrating commitment to our clients
- Make clients aware of their co-employment obligations and responsibilities
- Expand our knowledge of the industry and elevate our professionalism
- Gain professional recognition for demonstrating knowledge of federal and state labor and employment law