Mechanical Design Engineer
180 Interstate North Parkway 300 Atlanta, GA 30339
Our client is seeking a career minded entry level or junior mechanical design engineer with an interest in heavy industrial projects. This role is a great opportunity for a candidate to be trained on our client’ s industry leading standards and product catalogs while developing their mechanical engineering skills.
The position will be responsible for the creation, storage, and dissemination of all documentation related to proprietary equipment integral to their heavy industrial technologies.
To begin with candidates will be given engineering drawings and asked to complete 3D modeling of those drawings using Inventor. The role will also work with 2D AutoCAD to replicate existing parts helping the engineering become familiar with standards and product catalog. As the engineer advances they will move beyond creating drawings and begin to create part lists, prepare purchase request, and correspond with fabrication shops and job sites to ensure drawings meet all required needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Generate detail drawings and parts lists for equipment fabrication
• Develop general arrangement drawings for proprietary equipment
• Develop new products as well as expand existing product lines through the use of advanced 3-
dimensional modeling software
• Assist in requests for documentation and technical queries from other internal departments
• Prepare and issue Requests for Quotations and Purchase Requisitions
• Preform Technical Reviews of vendor designed components that interface with proprietary
• Inspect fabricated components for conformity to corporate quality standards
• Meet with clients and suppliers to discuss technical matters
-3D CAD Experience
-Prior heavy industrial equipment design work experience.