Mechanical Design Engineer (0-5 years experience)
Atlanta, GA 30339
I have a client located in the Atlanta, GA area that has an immediate need for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Our client is seeking a career minded entry level or junior mechanical design engineer with an interest in heavy industrial projects. This role is a great opportunity for a candidate to be trained on our client’ s industry leading standards and product catalogs while developing their mechanical engineering skills.
To begin with candidates will be given engineering drawings and asked to complete 3D modeling of those drawings using Inventor. The role will also work with 2D AutoCAD to replicate existing parts helping the engineering become familiar with standards and product catalog. As the engineer advances they will move beyond creating drawings and begin to create part lists, prepare purchase request, and correspond with fabrication shops and job sites to ensure drawings meet all required needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate detail drawings and parts lists for equipment fabrication.
- Develop general arrangement drawings for proprietary equipment.
- Develop new products as well as expand existing product lines through the use of advanced 3-dimensional modeling software
- Assist in requests for documentation and technical queries from other internal departments.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotations and Purchase Requisitions.
- Preform Technical Reviews of vendor designed components that interface with proprietary
- Inspect fabricated components for conformity to corporate quality standards.
- Meet with clients and suppliers to discuss technical matters
- 3D CAD Experience
- AutoCAD Proficiency
- Prior heavy industrial equipment design work experience.
- Hours worked: M-F 8-5 Can flex and work 7-4 or 9-6 or M-Thurs 9 hours a day and 4-hour half day on Friday
- Prefer GA Tech Graduates.
- This is a mechanical design engineer role. In the beginning they will give them engineering drawings and ask them to complete the 3d modeling of the drawing with inventor to learn their standards. Once they feel comfortable with that they will work in AutoCAD to replicate existing drawings. The idea is to learn their standards and product catalog and then let them loose to create drawings and part list while collaborating with customers, fabrication shops, and job sites in order to complete the drawings and parts list correctly.
This is a long-term contract assignment (12-18 months with the goal of going permanent). For more information, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you a call to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
2015 Vaughn Rd., Suite130
Kennesaw, GA 30144