429 Venture Court Verona, WI 53593
An experienced Machine Designer to assist in the design of automated machinery and material handling equipment from project concept to completion.
- A strong technical understanding of automated equipment engineering.
- 3D CAD experience, Inventor preferred.
- Experience designing custom automation equipment.
- Working knowledge of engineering principles.
- Basic knowledge of machining practices and how part tolerances affect machining requirements and cost.
- Knowledge of material properties (machinability, weldability, heat treatment, corrosion resistance, etc).
- Good organizational skills (ability to manage time and set priorities), knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- To develop design concepts into functional engineering drawing.
- Work directly with customers and engineers on design.
- Manage several projects at one time.
- Interact with assemblers to assist in problem solving and quality control.
- Overall continuous quality improvement.
- Provides support to the machining and assembly areas.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer requirements.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specs and drawing releases.
- Measures machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specs.
- Uses computer assisted design /drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
Pay Range: $38.46/hr. - $55.29/hr. ($80k/yr. - $115k/yr.)