Lead Mechanical Designer
Selectek is working with a client that has an immediate need for a lead mechanical designer to produce fabrication drawings for Industrial heaters/furnaces with Inventor and AutoCAD. This role requires a candidate be capable to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact on the design team. This is a production role that requires speed and accuracy to ensure budgets and deadlines are met.
This role requires all candidates can develop detailed mechanical drawings for use in fabrication and construction of industrial heaters. Candidates must have the ability to utilize resources to streamline the design process.
For immediate consideration please send an updated version of you resume to Aaron Tibbetts at email@example.com
Location: Marietta, GA
Duration: Contract to hire
- The Lead Mechanical Designer is responsible for the complete design and drawing output for each assigned project with the Project Engineer, Sales Engineer and Project Manager.
- Develop accurate and complete mechanical drawings as required by each project task assigned.
- Limits errors and rework time by producing accurate drawings helping to ensure deadlines and budgets are maintained.
- Aides in developing and coordinating design standards with other designers and engineers.
- Answers for design hour budget deviations on projects.
- Must maintain a design reference library for standard design tools, components and resources.
- Must report estimated time to complete design projects in weekly meetings when requested.
- Must maintain updated design reference guides, steel books, vendor data, design tables, welding symbol reference charts, etc.
- Associates degree in drafting or Mechanical engineering degree
- 10 plus years of Mechanical Design of industrial Heater/Furnace or similar industrial equipment for use in fabrication and construction.
- AutoCAD Proficiency
- 3D CAD Proficiency (Inventor highly preferred)
- Ability to produce accurate and quick production fabrication drawings. High speed environment.
- Inventor Proficiency is high Preferred or ability to come up to speed on the software quickly.