200 Cobb Parkway NE Marietta, GA 30062
Our client is looking to bring on an estimator to join their team at the junior level and advance quickly as the individual learns our client’ s industry and nuances.
The Junior Estimators’ primary responsibilities are to assist the Pre-Construction Team in bid process of construction project(s) including but not limited to, performing a takeoff of plans, sending RFQ’ s to vendors, creation and submission of bids, review of constructability, value engineering and change order pricing. As an Estimator, you will be trained to review construction plans within tight deadlines and provide the most cost-effective solutions for the project and company.
- Preliminary review of construction plans for size, scope and feasibility.
- Preform takeoffs on plans ranging from SD sketches to full CD drawings.
- Prepare comprehensive bid summaries detailing costs for materials and labor.
- Submit bids using in software platforms
- Review and update bid schedule as bids are completed.
- Provide a clean hand off to the project team after award.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors; identifying qualified subcontractors.
- Maintain unit cost records for bidding purposes from vendors.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information as the project progresses.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Assist in the design review for clients and provide solutions for a variety of issues.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops (as required); reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree (Construction Management preferred) or similar work experience
- 1 plus year prior construction experience with Glass & Glazing or Commercial Construction work.
- Knowledge of Planswift, Bluebeam, or other software to prepare takeoffs
Term: 6 Months Temp to Direct