Engineer - Metal Panel / Building Envelope Solutions
720 Marion Rd Columbus, OH 43207
We an opening for an Engineer with Architectural Building Facade experience in Columbus, OH. This role will be to assist the comapny with technical inquiries involving facade properties, performance, and product application.
- 5 years' minimum experience
- Ability to read and understand Construction Drawings
- Familiarity with structural and architectural building facade engineering and application
- Building codes and standards
- Bachelor' s Degree (very highly preferred)
- PE licensing
- Communicate directly with Architects, Specifiers, General Contractors, Installation Contractors, and Project Owners regarding implementation of the product line.
- Communicate with Sales, Marketing, and Operations departments regarding technical product and application information.
- Perform engineering analysis of building facade including structural (wind load, seismic, anchoring, deflections, etc), environmental (thermal, moisture, etc.) and other application requirements.
- Develop/modify installation details for non-standard conditions.
- Assist with updating and maintaining product technical library.
- Assist with preparation of project submittals.
- Support R&D with product development, testing, and certification requirements.
- Review Project Specifications and update/maintain the company' s standard product specifications as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with other Tech Services Engineers, Drafting, Field Services and R&D department as required.
- Assist with preparation of technical articles for industry publications.
- Work with vendors as necessary to develop strategic partnerships and accessory packages