Electrical Engineer - P&C
Birmingham, AL 35203
I have a client located in Birmingham, Al that has an immediate need for Electrical Engineer- P&C.
- Perform protective relay calculations and coordination studies for transmission and distribution systems.
- You will also perform engineering design and technical services for the specification, application and analysis of protective relaying, control and automation systems.
- Provide technical expertise and support for design, construction, planning, marketing and customers regarding protection and control of transmission and distribution facilities.
- Experience setting transmission relay study systems.
- CAPE is being used to set the relay calculations, but ASPEN experience is acceptable.
- Power systems theory experience with a utility company
- Looking for 0-5+ years of experience.
- For less experienced engineers or entry level electrical engineers, electrical engineering courses that will be helpful in this position will include Power System Analysis, Protective Relaying, Control Systems, Electric Machine Theory, and Symmetrical Components.
- Experience in transmission &/or distribution substation operations, power delivery, test engineering, and/or substation control design engineering a plus.
- Understanding of substation protection & operation control schemes preferred.
- Technical trouble shooting and consulting experience in protection and control a plus.
- Masters degree is a plus.
- 30-50/hr. (depending on experience)
This is a long-term contract assignment. For more information, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you a call to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
2015 Vaughn Rd., Suite130
Kennesaw, GA 30144