Omaha, NE 68046
An Electrical Designer responsible for designing for simplicity and with optimum labor efficiency in mind while coordinating with other trades. Will serve as a team member on large projects designing and simplifying construction systems including; power distribution, power generation, instrumentation, lighting and low voltage systems.
- 3+ years of experience designing industrial and commercial electrical systems with Revit and/or Navisworks through version 2019.
- Intermediate to Expert level experience with all required software applications for design and engineering; i.e. AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Revit, Microsoft, Trimble applications, etc.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with electrical contracting.
- Associates Degree or higher.
- Serve as a team member as an Electrical Designer on large projects.
- Evaluate and identify items within and outside electrical contract scope for overall job requirements while forecasting needs beyond scope parameters.
- Vast knowledge of code, drafting techniques, electrical construction design, and installation methods for appropriate application in all design phases for efficient and timely output. Employ current value engineering concepts and methods where relevant to create a cost-effective design that will benefit owner and contractor while advancing the project.
- Recognize, understand, and interact with outside engineering, subcontractor disciplines and MEP trades to identify and resolve potential design and installation issues before they are realized by the field or other supported design team staff members.
- Responsible for assuring designs are created with field productivity in mind.
- Works with the Project Managers and Superintendents to develop designs that assure ease of installation.
- Prepare construction installation details and documentation for field employees.
Pay Rate Range: $26/hr. - $39/hr. DOE + Per Diem/Travel Package totaling $5k+/month for current project.