Electrical Controls Engineer
4875 Deen Road Marietta, GA 30066
Our client is seeking an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer that will be responsible for Electrical design of control systems. This role will ensure all specifications are met, and that all codes and standards are followed. Candidates should have a background performing electrical design preferable with AutoCAD Electrical software. A background with PLC and HMI programming is required for this role too.
- Develop electrical designs, schematics, and drawings packages as required in AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Interpret process design (P&ID) and related sales documentation such as customer specifications, Internal Datasheets, etc. Create an electrical package according to the project details and requirements.
- Research supplier products for assembly components
- Develop electrical Bill of Materials as required.
- Update existing electrical packages such as ladder diagrams, loop diagrams, AC & DC distribution panels, schematic & wiring diagrams as well as panel layouts and BOMs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of electrical standard drawings
- Checking of drawing packages and documentation generated by Electrical Designers, Electrical and Process Engineers.
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications.
- Ensuring the quality of the assemblers and technicians work and respond to inquiries during the assembly of project control systems.
- Design and develop software applications based on given requirements and specifications
- Understand client’ s requirements for communication interface and networking. Implement these requirements in the electrical design and software development.
- Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed or commissioned systems
- Technical writing of Software Management Plans (e.g. SRS, Test Plan, Traceability Matrix, etc.)
- Work with Sales Engineers to provide input and quote preparation as required.
- Attends project meetings as scheduled
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 plus years in the automation industry with industrial control design
- Ability to program plc and hmi
- AutoCAD Electrical
Pay: $35-$45 per hour DOE
Term: 4 Month TTD