Electrical CAD Designer (Controls)
7905 Westside Parkway Suite 100 Alpharetta, GA 30009
Summary - Electrical CAD Designer
The ideal candidate will work under the direction of an Electrical engineer, developing system designs, and creating construction documents for Electrical projects using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical and Excel. Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques, discipline codes, and engineering terminology. Develops innovative solutions and is knowledgeable of construction processes. Possesses abstract thinking and ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
Temp to Perm
Essential Job Functions
- Develops complete Electrical drawing designs using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical to create single power diagrams, schematics, interconnect diagrams, panel layouts and bill of materials
- Develops conduit and cable tray layouts, conduit and cable schedules, performs conduit and cable tray fill calculations, and generates cable and wire interconnection reports
- Creates drawings for Electrical enclosures, equipment, instruments, and installations details
- Creates and revises P&ID’ s and Hazardous area classification drawings
- Plans, details, schedules work and final delivery of drawings
- Outlines, sets up, organizes, and maintains project drawings according to applicable standards
- Performs site visits to create sketches, red lines, and gather information for as built
- Performs design coordination, drawings reviews, and create mark ups for drafters
- Trains people inside his/her discipline and writes procedures and reports
- Technical Capacity.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Experience and/or Education
- Certificate in drafting & design,
- A.S. in drafting & design preferred.
- 2-3 years drafting and design experience in the oil and gas industry or related field dealing with piping, valves, meters and pumps.
Please send and updated Word version of your resume to Aaron Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org