Construction Safety Manager
New Orleans, LA 30339
Selectek has a client in New Orleans, LA that is looking for a Construction Safety Manager. You would be working for a reputable design/build firm.
- Manage and control assigned projects, including overseeing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade contractor and supplier coordination and work in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team.
- Establish and implement job-site safety procedures for SNA and OSHA compliance as required. Should include basic compliance, MSDS, HAZCOM, first response and other programs.
- Establish and lead job-site emergency response team.
- Establish a safety recognition program for subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain documentation required by OSHA and local safety authorities
- Conduct site safety inspections.
- Record and track all violations of safety and environmental rules, regulations, codes, and standards. Ensure corrective action for violations is taken in an expedient manner.
- Minimum 5 years' working as an Industrial OR Construction Occupational Safety Officer / Technician
- Extensive knowledge of all OSHA codes and standards. MUST be based on commercial/industrial construction applications.
- Experience establishing and maintaining construction site safety management programs, emergency response plan, and other programs and paperwork required by OSHA codes & standards.
Preferred Experience/Additional Information:
- Basic understanding of construction methods utilized for excavations, sitework, building/ installing roofing systems, concrete/ masonry, carpentry, drywall, coatings, flooring, underground utility systems, grading/ excavation work, fire protection systems, fire alarm systems, security systems, HVAC systems, mechanical piping systems, and electrical distribution systems.
- Familiar with interpreting mechanical, electrical, civil, structural, and architectural drawings.
- Must have exceptional people skills in order to motivate construction tradesmen to follow site safety rules, policies, and guidelines.
- Good understanding of Spanish
36-41/hr. (flexibility depending on experience)
This is a temp to permanent assignment (our client is open to looking at someone only looking for contract work as well).
For more information, please send your updated resume to Sebastien Gwinner at firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply, and I will give you a call to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.