Civil Estimator/Project Manager
8097 Roswell Road Building F Atlanta, GA 30350
A Civil Estimator/Project Manager to develop and prepare conceptual budgets, estimates and proposals for public and private sector building projects. The position will involve plan review, attendance at pre-bid and site visits, obtaining material vendor and subcontractor pricing, preparing takeoffs, and calculating itemized cost estimates during both the budgeting and hard bid phases.
- Associates Degree in a Civil Engineering or Construction Management related field.
- Ability to read and interpret civil, structural and architectural plans and specifications.
- Previous experience estimating earthmoving and underground water/waste water projects.
- Proficient using AGTEK takeoff software.
- 4+ years’ experience working at a Civil Engineering/Land Development Company.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Previous experience in GPS Modeling.
- Review and assess project drawings and supplemental documentation to determine the project’ s scope.
- Visit project sites and pre-bid/bid openings.
- Prepare earthwork, utilities and site takeoffs.
- Prepare accurate estimates at schematic, design development and construction document levels for hard bids and design build projects.
- Develop material takeoffs, equipment mobilization needs and subcontractor budgeting.
- Review subcontractor bids and scheduling.
- Assist project management with scheduling.
- Communicate with owners, construction managers and general contractors regarding the project’ s scope.
Pay Range: $28.85/hr. - $36/hr.