4785 Roosevelt Highway College Park, GA 30349
Selectek is working with a client that has the need to hire an experienced buyer that has worked for a manufacturing facility buying raw materials such as metal for their production facility. Negotiation will be essential in this role and candidates must have experience working with multiple supplier’ s negotiating rates.
The Buyer will be responsible for purchasing merchandise, materials, components, equipment, and/or services.
Selectek is working with a client to find a Mechanical Applications Engineer that will be responsible for analyzing application requests from sales, preparing detailed quotes, creating drawings and engineering for custom product changes and assisting aftermarket, technical support and manufacturing. Solid Works is required.
For immediate consideration please send an updated Word copy of you resume to Aaron Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: College Park, GA
Duration: Contract to Hire
Job Duties will include:
- Purchases materials, parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and negotiating price, delivery, and terms; typically purchases $1-3 million per year; does not become heavily involved in the development of specifications, but the work is more complex than buying off-the-shelf items.
- Investigates and identifies qualified suppliers; issues requests for quotations, and monitors supplier’ s performance.
- Reviews, approves and issues purchase requisitions; follows up and expedites as necessary.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items; estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Monitors customer orders with inventory reports for procurement of finished parts, raw material and/or outside services.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
- As required, monitors the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Coordinates activities of Engineering, Production Control, Purchasing and other departments to achieve optimum utilization of facilities in meeting production schedules.
- Provides input to management regarding problems such as shortages, design changes, backlogs, and the like.
- Analyze component and raw material usage history along with supplier lead times to monitor and maintain accurate safety stock levels.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 Years as a Buyer of Raw Materials for a Manufacturing firm
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or CPSM Certified Professional in Supply Management)