Assistant Project Manager - Construction
1000 Parkwood Circle, Suite 820 Atlanta, GA 30339
We have an immediate need in Atlanta, GA for an Assistant Project Manager. This role will be in a Construction environment will provide overall assistance to SR Project Managers for support in all phases of construction.
- Minimimum 5 years' experience
- Experience with construction
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, MS Project and ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to pass Homeland Security background check
- Bachelor' s Degree
- Manufacturing or Industrial Plants
• Assist in establishing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy
• Help develop and maintain project schedule and budget
• Help maintain liaison with A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
• Helps monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
• Assist in managing financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’ s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
• Assist with coordination of crafts, subcontractors and other contractors.
• Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems as they arise.
• Monitor crafts compliance with project safety program requirements; documents and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Assist with development and implementation of action plans for site construction operation (i.e. material storage, job trailer positioning, crane positioning, temporary facilities, etc.) to minimize work interruption.
• Become familiar with local construction methods, procedures, and site conditions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Needs to be technically minded, able to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability, and have problem-solving skills.
• Ability to read and interpret construction specifications and drawings.
• Works well under pressure
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities; superior communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate, proficiency in MS Office Suite of software, knowledge of MS Project and Sharepoint.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.