800 Inudstrial Park Drive Marietta, GA 30062
Our client is in a growth mode and is looking to bring on a Mechanical Engineer to work as an Application Engineer that will be involved in the entire product life cycle.
The Application Engineer (AE) is the primary technical advisor for the sales team and operations. The AE is the main product advocate and must be able to articulate the product value proposition and positioning to both business and technical users. Working in conjunction with the sales team, the AE serves customers by identifying their needs and developing engineering adaptations of products and equipment that meet or exceed the application requirements of various customer vocations. The AE must be able to identify all technical issues related to the proposed product design modification and application, as well as impacts to manufacturing processes. The AE must maintain strong relationships and ongoing dialogue with the customer and, together with the accountable salesperson, is responsible for complete customer satisfaction for custom orders through all stages of the sales cycle. Additionally, the AE will be the primary Product Design Engineer, and will be required to execute and document their design on the CAD platform. The AE will be required to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Duties Include:
- Respond to functional and technical requirements with product modifications and designs in support of customer requests
- Develop material cost and labor estimates in support of customer requests and sales quotes
- Conduct product demonstrations and attend trade shows on behalf of the company
- Design for Manufacturability and Assembly
- Provide technical training to customers and Equipment Innovators personnel
- Troubleshoot customer technical issues
- Administer warranty
- Identify current and future product requirements
- Create, modify and maintain product drawings in Solidworks
- Develop, update and maintain Bills of Material, Assemblies, CAD Models, Drawings, Prints, Engineering Libraries, and other Engineering documentation
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5 Plus years of Product Design Experience
- 3 Years of 3D CAD experience (Solidworks Preferred)
- Hands on Experience with Fabrication process
- 3 Years as a Sales Engineer or Field Engineer interacting with clients.
- Experience designing mobile equipment/vehicles
Pay Rate: $33-36 per hour
Term: 6 Month Temp to Direct