Agtek Takeoff Technician / Project Manager
8097 Roswell Road Building F Atlanta, GA 30350
Selectek is working with a heavy civil / land develop firm that specializes in earthwork and grading to find a Civil Estimator / Agtek Take-off Technicican / Project Manager to develop and prepare conceptual budgets, estimates and proposals for public and private sector building projects.The position will involve plan review, attendance at pre-bid and site visits, obtaining material vendor and subcontractor pricing, preparing takeoffs, and calculating itemized cost estimates during both the budgeting and hard bid phases.
6 Month Temp to Direct
- Review and assess project drawings and supplemental documentation to determine the project’ s scope.
- Visit project sites and pre-bid/bid openings.
- Prepare earthwork, utilities and site takeoffs.
- Prepare accurate estimates at schematic, design development and construction document levels for hard bids and design build projects.
- Develop material takeoffs, equipment mobilization needs and subcontractor budgeting.
- Review subcontractor bids and scheduling.
- Assist project management with scheduling.
- Communicate with owners, construction managers and general contractors regarding the project’ s scope.
- Associates Degree in a Civil Engineering or Construction Management related field.
- Ability to read and interpret civil, structural and architectural plans and specifications.
- Previous experience estimating earthmoving and underground water/waste water projects.
- Proficient using AGTEK takeoff software.
- 4+ years’ experience working at a Civil Engineering/Land Development Company.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Previous experience in GPS Modeling.
Selectek is a member of the American Staffing Association, which promotes legal, ethical, and professional practices for the staffing industry. All employees at Selectek are certified by the American Staffing Association through the Certified Staffing Professional® and Technical Services Certified? programs. ASA certification programs help our employees:
- Protect the rights of our candidates and employees
- Avoid missteps that could result in costly legal proceedings
- Add value to our business relationships by demonstrating commitment to our clients
- Make clients aware of their co-employment obligations and responsibilities
- Expand our knowledge of the industry and elevate our professionalism
- Gain professional recognition for demonstrating knowledge of federal and state labor and employment law