Field Service Technician
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Our client is looking for a Field Automation Service Technician that will help with installation of new equipment as well as repairs of existing equipment that is malfunctioning. Work will be in the converting manufacturing field, but experience in other manufacturing areas will be considered. The ideal candidate will provide technical expertise during the project life cycle and beyond supporting both internal and external customers. The technician will provide the services critical to maintaining customer relationships, development of innovative technologies and improvement of the processes.
Travel for this role will but around 60% of the time. When not in the field candidates will work from home and be on call.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Participate in all project phases
- Definition, creation and modification of software and electrical circuits
- Participation in equipment assembly and testing as well sourcing new technologies
- Assist with installation and startup of equipment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment
- Investigate and resolve process related issues while improving machine performance
- Facilitate communication between the customer and technical group
- Participation in equipment trials and acceptance tests
- Provide customer and technician training
- Perform other duties as directed
- Willingness to travel at least 60% of the time
- 3 plus years’ experience with Automation equipment install and repair in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of PLC' s, HMIs, drives and related software
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read wiring diagrams, schematics and engineering documents
- Effective communication skills
Candidate can be located anywhere in the U.S. within 1 hour of regional airport.
- 6 months temp to hire
- When in field work will be 6 days/week
- Will be paid for 40 hour work week when home and " on call"
- Travel expenses will be handled by company
For immediate consideration please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Colaiacovo 678-802-6616